A Living Testimony!

Psalm 71:17,18. God Word says "O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I have constantly told others about the wonderful things you do. Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, Oh God. Let me Proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me."

I had the opportunity today to visit with a dear sweet lady from our church. Being the wife of a minister was just one of the many ways God has used her. She is in her eighties now, so as you can imagine, she had much to share and I was eager to sit and listen to her. She mentioned heartaches and trials, but there was much more "God is so good" coming from her. I was amazed as I listened to stories of her childhood, meeting the man she would marry, to a life in the ministry. God showed her many things in visions and dreams that kept her all these years. She just believed that God would do what He said. She spoke of healings, and the mighty power of the Holy Spirit that changed peoples lives. Time completely got away from me and from about 12:30 to 5:00,I just listened. When we take time to spend with someone that has so much knowledge, we always come away wiser. Does God ever abandon us? Of course not, as the scripture is quoted above, we can "proclaim the power of God to new generations". . This is exactly what she has done and is still doing. She taught me truths that I will always remember, and one of these days (which comes faster than we think), maybe I will be able to do the same.

No comments: