Judgement Seat of Christ!

ANGEL Pictures, Images and Photos



2 Corinthians 5:9-11 (New International Version)

9. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10.For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.


HIS PLAN FOR ME

When I stand at the judgment seat of Christ and He
shows me His plan for me,
The plan of my life as it might have been had
He had His way, And I see how I blocked
Him here and I checked Him there, and I
would not yield my will,
Will there be grief in my Savior's eyes?
Grief, though He loves me still?
He would have made me rich, and I stand there
poor, stripped of all but His grace
While memory runs like a hunted thing down the
paths I cannot retrace. Then my desolate heart will
well-nigh break with tears that I cannot shed; I shall
cover my face with my empty hands,
I shall bow my uncrowned head.
Lord, of the years that are left me, I give them to Thy
hand;
Take me and break me, mold me to the pattern Thou
has planned.
- Martha Snell Nicholson

I recently ordered a book called "This Was Your Life" written by Rick Howard. Hubby has read it now going on the fourth time in a week. I just began to read it today and I am just amazed at what I am learning about the judgement seat of Christ. The main thing with me is I have been a Christian nearly all my life and I have not heard this preached enough to even know what it was about. It will literally change your life. To say it humbled me is an understatement. We are truly nothing without Christ and if we don't understand the gospel and these "works" that we hear so much about, then we will miss the nugget of truth that is there. What we do here on earth will determine what our rewards will be in Heaven. I have heard "well, if I can just make it to heaven that is all I really care about". Certainly we need to rethink this statement. Just as there will be degrees of punishment in hell, there will be degrees of rewards in heaven. Now I am not making mention of this book for any other reasons than it is truly a Word from God. I hope I am not infringing on this authors rights, I truly don't know what the "rules" are concerning this. I just want to encourage you if you want to read and study something that will open your eyes and heart, then this book is to be read. All the scriptures are there and it is Biblically sound. It will change the way you "do" things and the reason why. I pray blessings on you and your family dear friends. Please enjoy and be thankful for what God has done for you!
(Please check out other inspiring posts at Spirtual Sundays) http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Ahh...the judgement. Don't hear much about thst anymore...it's not "seeker friendly."
Love the view from your sun room
I invite you to look over my blog.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Sounds like a wonderful book, I will have to read it . That is a beautiful poem !I agree we need to think more about our heavenly rewards ,That is the only thing we have to lay at our Savior's feet .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting read!
Thanks for the tip.

Charlotte said...

This sounds like a really good book. The judgment and rewards are subjects I haven't heard a lot of sermons on either. Thank you for reminding us of this important subject.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Joan Hall said...

Great post, Shirley. I recently saw a video based on the Bema Seat or Judgement Seat of Christ. It was quite an eye-opener - that as Christians, we will not be judged for our sins - Jesus already dealt with that on the cross, but will receive our rewards. And of course, all the crowns we receive we will cast back at Jesus feet. What a glorious day that will be!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This sounds like another book I will have to put on my list.
Have a blessed week,