New in Christ!



(One of the pictures of my garden, I am so thankful Spring is here)


Ephesians 4:17-24 (New Living Translation)

Living as Children of Light

17. With the Lord’s authority I say this: Live no longer as the Gentiles do, for they are hopelessly confused. 18. Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him. 19. They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity.
20. But that isn’t what you learned about Christ. 21. Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, 22. throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. 23. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. 24. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.

I was blessed to attend the Beth Moore simulcast on Saturday! All I can say is "amazing", 300,000 women in 389 locations. We had 120 where we was at! No one was "accidentally" there, it was Gods plan. Women are reaching out in unity and standing up to be counted in the faith. The scripture she used in Ephesians was to show how we are before Christ is the Lord of our life, and what happens afterward. We are new in Him, we do make the choice to put off the old man. In verse 24, we are the ones that has to do this! It didn't say God does it, or someone else for us, it says " (you) put on your new nature, created to be like God-truly righteous and holy". It is up to us, our responsibility to have a made up mind to do this very thing. I pray as you begin another week, that you would be mindful of this truth. When something comes up (and it will), remember to respond with this new nature we have. Ask yourself, now, is this how I used to act with my old nature? or is this my new nature being like Christ. Love and blessings to you my sweet friends!

1 comment:

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

I love Beth Moore and have completed several of her Bible Studies. She is an amazing woman of God. I always learn so much from her...

Blessings,
Virginia