Jeremiah, the Prophet!

Myspace Comments, Funny Comment Codes, Animations, Comment Glitters, Glitter Graphic s, Pictures, Graphics for your myspace profile and myspace comments at superhotfile .com


Jeremiah 1:4-12 (New Living Translation)

4” The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."

11 The word of the LORD came to me: "What do you see, Jeremiah?"
"I see the branch of an almond tree," I replied.

12 The LORD said to me, "You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled."

What an amazing story of how God called a very young Jeremiah to be His spokesman to the whole world. Jeremiah thought he was way to young and certainly could not speak well enough to do anything for the Lord. Does this sound familiar? It certainly applies to me! From “Lord, I am not good enough” or “I don’t have any experience.” I wonder how many of us allow our feelings of inadequacy to keep us from fulfilling what God would have us to do. When He gives us a job to do ( He has a plan for each of us) we can have confidence that He will equip us and take care of us. God told Jeremiah to not be afraid of what people would try to do to him, but when we read in verse 17, he is warned that if he wasn’t obedient, he would look foolish in front of the people. Of course this is what will happen to us when we go ahead of God and do things our own way. At no point in our Christian walk should we ever be without His guidance. We are never told we would not have trials and heartaches along the way, as a matter of fact, the Word says “when” they come and they surely do, everyday the enemy of our souls sees to that! What we need to remember in reading this scripture is that God did not tolerate idolatry then and He certainly will not tolerate it now. Our total commitment should be to our Heavenly Father. As we face each day, we can be assured that God will be with us and will see us through what ever comes our way.

No comments: