Memories!


MySpace Graphics

Isaiah 26:3,4 (New Living Translation)

" You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Trust in the Lord always,
for the Lord God is the eternal Rock."

We all have them, good or bad. The good ones we will go back to often, like today when I ate chicken and dumplings (not exactly on my diet), oh my, it was so good. Tasted just like my mother used to make! Even though my mother has been gone many years, and I am a grandmother, I was just overwhelmed with sadness. My dad once said to me, “you never get old in your heart”, he was about 82 at that time. I have thought about that a lot and wondered what he meant. Not that I am getting older, I know exactly what he meant. Our memories can take us back to childhood immediately, or at any time in our life. All of a sudden I was a little girl, enjoying my family and eating chicken and dumpling. Now I mentioned in the beginning about bad memories. Those are the heartbreaking ones. What do we do when they come, when all of a sudden we see or smell something that will throw us somewhere else? This happens to me to! One of the things I remember is the smell of wet army blankets (I guess it was wool) wrapped around my legs when I had polio. I am sure we all have things that either crush or comfort us, but in either case, we should look to our Heavenly Father! The things that bring joy and a smile, be sure to thank Him for it. The things that bring deep sadness, just cast all those things on Jesus. Know in your heart that he has such deep love and compassion for us. We are His children, and He will never leave or forsake us. He loves us with an unfailing love! He proved it when He sent His only Son to take our place on that cross and give us eternal life. I prayed for you today!

3 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

What a precious devotion and great graphic! Happy Word Filled Wednesday to you.

Denise said...

Great WFW.

Mary Moss said...

This is such a powerful post. Glad I found your blog:-)