Renewed Hope!

Psalm 94:18-19 (New Living Translation)

18 I cried out, “I am slipping!”
but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
19 When doubts filled my mind,
your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

How many times have we had news that just crushed our spirits? Times when our hearts are just overwhelmed? The answer would probably be “to many times to count”. The older we get, seems like we see more and more broken people. They are hopeless, having to much on their plate, “to say grace over”, as my sweet aunt used to say. I was reading prayer requests from one of the blogs that I follow, going down the list praying and finally I just stopped! I had such a heaviness in my heart as I cried out to God, “how can you help these people, they are desperate, what about the children?” I went outside to my favorite place to listen to the waterfall, the birds were singing, the sky was beautiful and blue, and I just sat there. There has to be peace in our hearts even if there is not answers to our questions! After praying, I started searching scriptures and the one above ministered to me. I was “slipping” because I was looking at things in the natural, I knew there was no answers there. No peace, no comfort, nothing, only doubt. The Holy Spirit was reminding me that if I believed all those things I write about, then what is the problem here. Trusting Him is the answer, believing that God is working out His will in my life and the lives of my loved ones. Knowing that when I come to Him, He will be there. That's all He wants from us is to look to Him. So as my heart began to quiet down and I remembered all the promises that are mine, I began to experience this “renewed hope and cheer”, knowing that God is not surprised by all these things going on, He has been working all the time, and His answer is on the way! We will have these times when we are overwhelmed and crushed in our spirits, but we are not alone. God loves us with an unfailing love, so I leave you with this, wait on the Lord, He will guide you and give you strength. He is doing this for me!

No comments: