Covenant with God!






Isaiah 59:21 (The Message Translation)

21."As for me," God says, "this is my covenant with them: My Spirit that I've placed upon you and the words that I've given you to speak, they're not going to leave your mouths nor the mouths of your children nor the mouths of your grandchildren. You will keep repeating these words and won't ever stop." God's orders.

Covenant (biblical) is an "agreement between God and his people in which God makes certain promises and requires certain behavior from his people in return". This is the definition according to Wikipedia, an agreement vowed to be kept. I wonder how many times we have made a promise to God if he would help us with something, we would change and do everything He wants us to do? I am afraid in my lifetime, it has been to many. Of course a lot of that comes from not understanding who God is and not having a relationship with Him. When God makes a covenant with us, He stands behind it. He cannot lie, He is always the same, never changing. We can trust Him. I am so thankful we can take Him at His Word. Praise God for the scripture above! The Spirit of God is upon us and His Words are in our mouths, our children and grandchildren! How can we ever express how thankful we truly are to our Savior and redeemer? I am certainly going to try, how about you?

No comments: