Bible Study Update!



Well, it is Wednesday and time for an update on today's Bible Study. This is the third week into Kay Arthur's' "Covenant", which is tremendous. Several of the ladies including me have not been taught to much about what it means to be in Covenant with God! Listen, dear sisters this is serious business! An excellent account is of course David and Jonathan, also Laban and Jacob. Laban was Jacobs father in-law, in this account we are given the meaning of Mizpah.


Genesis 31:48-52 (The Message)

48-50. Laban said, "This monument of stones will be a witness, beginning now, between you and me." (That's why it is called Galeed—Witness Monument.) It is also called Mizpah (Watchtower) because Laban said, "God keep watch between you and me when we are out of each other's sight. If you mistreat my daughters or take other wives when there's no one around to see you, God will see you and stand witness between us."

51-53 Laban continued to Jacob, "This monument of stones and this stone pillar that I have set up is a witness, a witness that I won't cross this line to hurt you and you won't cross this line to hurt me. The God of Abraham and the God of Nahor (the God of their ancestor) will keep things straight between us."

God will keep things straight because of a covenant made between two men with God as their witness! It is the same way with us when we make or cut a covenant with Jesus Christ! He died for our sins shedding His Blood so we could come into a binding agreement or covenant with Him. It is a very serious matter we must not overlook. If you have not studied much about this, it will be a revelation for you as well as it is for our Bible Study ladies. In order for us to claim the promises God has for us, we must understand who we are and what rights do we have. But more important than anything is what Jesus did at the Cross. This Blood Covenant was sealed for us! God bless your day, my sweet friends. I am praying for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done several of Kay Arthur's bible studies. My husband and I were priviliged to meet her when she came to our church many years ago. We remember how she prophesied about many things that have now come true. She is truly annointed.