Listening for God's Voice!


Proverbs 3:5-12 (The Message)


5-12.. Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
don't sulk under his loving correction.
It's the child he loves that God corrects;
a father's delight is behind all this.

Do you ever try to figure out everything, and I do mean everything? With our own reasoning we sure can come up with some stuff can't we? There is no way we can put God in a box as the old saying goes and know what is going on. We sure can't predict the future, but we do like to try don't we. Why do we do this instead of trusting God? We need to remember first of all that with God we are talking about supernatural, and of course we deal only with this reality we have here on earth. This faith walk takes us places we don't know where we are going, just like Abraham, but if we are walking in faith, then God is leading the way. I get off track sometimes, (more than I want to) because I am not asking and then obeying. God doesn't make it hard, we do! We are all a stubborn lot, aren't we?
Why there is even a promise of good health in these scriptures! That should excite us and give us hope. If there ever was a time when we need to stay tuned to God, sweet friend, it is now. The enemy of our souls is working overtime, there is no time to be lax in our commitment to God. I hope this scripture blesses your heart today as it does mine. Lets just stay focused and pray for each other. Remember where our help comes from and when the discipline comes and it surely will, lets not be upset with God and try to get out of our situation. Ask Him what He wants you to know, this is just one of the many promises that He will do just that! I pray you will be blessed and have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed a visit here. What great words--Proverbs 3: 5-6 life verses for me.

Come see me!

Linda said...

I have loved todays post!! Your posts are so inspirational and encouraging!
Proverbs 3:5-6 These are my favourite bible verses and I often mention these in my posts! Oh how I have clung to these verses over and over again!
Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I loved both of these posts. I am glad you had such a nice time with your granddaughter. The flowers are beautiful, and so is she! Axd yes... we need to let go and let God. Be still and know He is in control. If we are quiet, He will speak to us and guide and direct our path. God bless.