Way to Busy!

Flowers from my Garden!

Luke 10:38-42 (The Message)

Mary and Martha

38-40. As they continued their travel, Jesus entered a village. A woman by the name of Martha welcomed him and made him feel quite at home. She had a sister, Mary, who sat before the Master, hanging on every word he said. But Martha was pulled away by all she had to do in the kitchen. Later, she stepped in, interrupting them. "Master, don't you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand."


41-42. The Master said, "Martha, dear Martha, you're fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it's the main course, and won't be taken from her."




I am having a hard time trying to keep up with this busy life! This summer is swiftly going by, I can't believe it is already near the end of July! I would say, "I am toooo busy", I suppose we all at some time just want everything to stop for a minute and just rest. How do we get caught up in all this? For me, it is being out of my routine. Hubby and I have have been long without children in the house, (grandchildren come and now and we love it) so I have (or had) my "routine" of spending time in Gods Word first thing of a morning and enjoying my coffee. Then just whatever I wanted or needed to do would be next. Well things change and I don't adapt very well. We are creatures of habit, aren't we? I realize I need to be more flexible, I also realize as folks get older they tend to be set in their ways hummm! I am quite sure I don't like the last one. lol. All of this just to say no matter what happens we should never neglect Gods Word or spending time in prayer. I think of the story of Mary and Martha and I am identifying more with Martha at times than I would like to . Always being concerned to the point of being upset if things are not done. Sound familiar? Martha was the same "fussing far to much and getting worked up over nothing",( I love how the "Message" states that.) There is only one thing that is important and that will never be taken away from us! My prayer today is Lord help me to always put you first, stay out of those areas that are really unimportant, and keep focused. There is a time for everything just like the Word tells us. If you are struggling with these things to, remember they are just "things". Have a wonderful blessed day! My prayers are with you!


No comments: