Thanksgiving Memories!



I love Thanksgiving! For most of us it is a time to remember all the things we are thankful for. But where do you start? This was my biggest question as I began, so I decided to start at the “beginning”. Soooo thankful to be born in this country was the first on my list. To have the freedom and know our founding fathers believed in God has made all the difference. number 2: The family I was born into! Not necessarily a Christian family, we did go to church sometimes and without my dad, but raised with morals. 3: Where I was raised! Growing up in a rural area surrounded by family and friends. No crime to speak of, although I do remember one time someone stole some meat from our smokehouse and a fella stole my dads wagon. Even though my sister and I had polio, we were protected and learned to walk again. 4: my children, I have 4 daughters that are adorable, now they have their children and we are blessed double. 5: This man now my hubby that came into my life 26 years ago. Now a man of God, a preacher! Who would have ever thought that. Now I can tell you in the beginning it certainly did not look like this was from God. Not until many years later would we really see a plan that was being developed all along. 6: Our home would have to be next before our church, because if we hadn’t moved here, we wouldn’t be in this church. So home it is! And what a home, blessed of God, not used for entertaining but for hospitality. We host church parties, baby showers and anything that comes our way. We love it!

7: Our church! hubby preaches every two weeks, and I teach so I can learn. Our brothers and sisters in the Lord are amazing to. We are so blessed to be in a church where the truth is preached. If you have experienced the “other way” you know perfectly well what I mean. 8: Friends! Oh my what could be better! I have always said “friends are a gift from God”. Friends that really do love and care about you! 8: Our health! Well as we get older everyone has a few problems, I should have more than a few because of the polio which has now developed into “post-polio”. Right before we moved here, I was looking into a power chair because I was having so many problems. I am happy and thankful to report that I do very well. God helps me everyday and I do pretty much what I want. I am also thankful that I do not have to work so I can stop and I do when I feel like I have done to much. Ok, the best for last! I am saved and on my way to heaven. Truly knowing Jesus as my Savior, believing He died for me and that He loved me enough to prove it. What else is more important? Nothing, nothing is! No matter what my life might have been like before, what matters now is the most important decision I have ever made in my life and that was to give my heart to God! So as you see, I have so much to be thankful for, everyday, not just once a year when some get sentimental, but everyday. I hope you have a list a mile long and I pray you will have the best blessed day on Thanksgiving and the rest of the weekend. Remember to check out Spiritual Sunday. Your heart will be encouraged!http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2010/11/welcome-to-spiritual-sunday.html







7 comments:

MTJ said...

Hi Shirley,

This is my first visit to your blog; I'm so encouraged by the words of thanks you share.

There is much to be so thankful for. I believe Christ helps us all see more clearly, who and what we are to be thankful for.

This post reveals the blessings of God in your life. For this, I too share in your thanks.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Saleslady371 said...

I enjoyed reading your thankful list! Happy weekend to you.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

You have a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. I'm glad you shared them with us.
Blessings,
Ginger

Ruth said...

what a beautiful list to be thankful for!

Blessings,
Ruth

Donnie said...

What lovely, thank filled words. Have a blessed Day.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing your blessings with us, Shirley. Many of these same things are on my thankful list.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Sue said...

What a beautifully written thankful post, thank you for sharing.
Blessings, Sue