Living God's Way!

One of my favorite wreaths I have made this year!

Galatians 5:22-23 (The Message)


But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

Hummm, that is certainly something to think about! All these things really happen when we live the way God would have us to live? I guess my next question would be "Well, what is the problem then, I sure don't see this in most Christians I know". Do you? In fact I know some folks who are not Christians that act better and have a lot more compassion. My daughter worked for a man that told her he had prayed for just the "right" person when she applied for the job. Well, she was hired and it didn't take long to see there was some really bad fruit on his tree. She eventually quit and is now working for a man that is not a Christian, but a very honest fella with integrity. As she put it, "you can take his words to the bank". These are also her words, "Mom, I would rather work for someone like I do now, than to work for so called Christians that just use God for gain." Wow, I wonder how many of us could add to the story. What is really wrong with folks? Why isn't there good fruit showing in these folks life? If you have any answers, I would love to hear them. But I think we probably all know the answer, they are not "real", they are lukewarm to say the least, their first love is not for God. We should all have these fruits in our life and they should of course be obvious to others. I know I am up on that soap box again, but listen folks, it is time to get serious about living God's way! We are on a time schedule and that old clock is ticking fast, Jesus is coming back soon and we need to be doing what He has told us to do. As we get closer to the time when we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, lets get "real" and serious. Let's ask God for a closer walk with Him, let's study His Word and pray for others.  OK, I am going to quit now, I think you get the message! I pray you will be encouraged today and challenged to have all these fruits evident in our lives. Blessings and more blessings to you my dear friends!
Please check out Spiritual Sundays, you will be thankful you did!
http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2010/12/hello-everyone.html

5 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

your post makes me think...there are some people I've met too who don't seem to be a believer at all even though they say they are. I don't understand but I'm glad your dgt got another job. I think it's so important to be around kind people.

Anita Johnson said...

Your post made me think of this quote...."If you were prosecuted for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" Thanks for your Spiritual Sunday post. Merry Christmas!

Donnie said...

That was a very thought provoking post this morning. I will keep it in y heart and try harder to be what God wants me to be.

Charlotte said...

This is certainly something to think about. It is sad when nonChristians are better people than some Christians. Of course we are not the judge, but it makes you wonder if they are really Christians, or just pretending to be. Thank you for sharing your insight.
Blessings,
Charlotte

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Great post! We are walking Bibles. It's a huge responsibility. Thanks for your thoughtful visit and comments at Daily Grace. God bless you, Bobbi