Two Thousand Years Ago!





 1 Corinthians 15: 16-28 (The Message translation)  
                                                                              If corpses can't be raised, then Christ wasn't, because he was indeed dead. And if Christ weren't raised, then all you're doing is wandering about in the dark, as lost as ever. It's even worse for those who died hoping in Christ and resurrection, because they're already in their graves. If all we get out of Christ is a little inspiration for a few short years, we're a pretty sorry lot. But the truth is that Christ has been raised up, the first in a long legacy of those who are going to leave the cemeteries.  There is a nice symmetry in this: Death initially came by a man, and resurrection from death came by a man. Everybody dies in Adam; everybody comes alive in Christ. But we have to wait our turn: Christ is first, then those with him at his Coming, the grand consummation when, after crushing the opposition, he hands over his kingdom to God the Father. He won't let up until the last enemy is down—and the very last enemy is death!

It is hard to know where to start when writing about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. My heart is so heavy when I read about the pain and agony He suffered and at the same time my heart is overwhelmed with praise and thanksgiving for what He did for all of us. How do you put in words and explain that it was the greatest event that ever happened in the history of heaven and this world? He took our place on that cross, beaten beyond recognition, then dying for our sins just so we could have a choice where we would spend eternity. When I read this scripture in the message translation, it really spoke to and made it plain to me. If Jesus had not been raised from the dead, then everything was for nothing. He would have been just like some other man, but He was the Son of God and because he was raised, we have hope and a future with Him. As you can tell I am overwhelmed, because no words seem appropriate! I am beyond thankful for what He has done for me and my family. Because you see, when we accept Him as our Savior, we have the promise of our family been saved also. I pray these few days will burn deep in your heart what Jesus Christ did for you. I also pray for blessings upon you. Have a wonderful  Lords Day on Easter Sunday!

Please check out Spiritual Sunday, link follows!

http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2011/04/greetings.html

7 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Amen! Can you imagine the spiritual oppression of the SIN that was on His shoulders too? I can't fathom what He did for me.

I pray you have a blessed Resurrection weekend!

Love,
Beth

Nikki (Sarah) said...

me too...I am beyond thankful for what He did for me. Happy Passover/Easter to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you, and all my friends at Spiritual Sundays, a very happy Easter! Be blessed.

Charlotte said...

Well said, Shirley. I too am so overwhelmed by this and so thankful that I have hope for the future.
Blessings for a Happy Easter.
Charlotte

Esther Joy said...

If I hadn't gone to church today, your blog would have made me feel like I had! And thanks for your encouragement once again on mine!

Renee said...

Amen! Hope you had a blessed Easter!

Karen said...

Amen...I am overwhelmed as well by His love and mercy...words always seem inadequate...