In His Strength!


2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (The Message)

Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

This week has been one of struggle and a sense of  "who am I and what is my purpose". What do I have to offer and how do I go on? More questions than answers! I am only half a person without my husband, right? Since he is in heaven now, the thought came to me yesterday that I would not want
him to come back, he is with the Lord! This is our greatest hope and reward! He preached about heaven many times and it was obvious he was very excited. But now this does leave me in a quandary. I am so thankful for him, but where does this leave me? So, as I was reading this morning, these scriptures nearly jumped off the page! Paul was also in a quandary! After you read all he is dealing with, his answer is to accept what has been handed to him and then to realize that in his weakness, he is made strong in Christ! How hard this must have been for him as it is for me and many others. We will not understand all that has happened or the whys of this life! But what peace it brings just to trust that this God of the universe that created me will use this life event and somehow use it for my good. Now I have to be honest with you, I don't see how this could be in any way working for my good. But this is what the Word of God tells me;  "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them" (Romans 8:28). My heart is broken and I don't understand, but like Paul I am going to trust that God knows what He is doing! He said His Grace was enough for me and for you. I realize I am not the only one with more than enough to deal with, so my prayers are with you as you read this post. I pray for peace in the middle of your worst day! I pray for faith bigger than a mustard seed and I pray for trust in abundance. Please take away from this that no matter what is going on, if we trust God, we will become stronger!
Have a blessed day and keep focused on the only One that can make our life complete!

Please check out Spiritual Sunday!
http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/2012/04/resurrection-sunday.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley, This post so encourages me. Thank you for sharing what is on your heart! Have a wonderful Easter weekend. He is risen. Alleluia!

Esther Joy said...

Your newly designed blog is beautiful. ...And so is the sharing of your heart...

Thinking of you this Easter

Sherry Southard said...

I too, like your new setup on your blog. Your words are an inspiration and very encouraging. God is there for you and I am right behind him, cheering you on. Love you, dear friend.

Charlotte said...

Sometimes it is hard to understand how everything - no matter how bad it is or how much it hurts - will ultimately work to our good. I've had times in my life when I didn't see how this was possible, but time proved it to be so true. I know your testimony will be an encouragement to others. It certainly is to me. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte