Bologna Sandwich and Family!



Ecclesiastes 11:7 (The Message) [ Before the Years Take Their Toll ] Oh, how sweet the light of day, And how wonderful to live in the sunshine! Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted. Take delight in each light-filled hour, Remembering that there will also be many dark days And that most of what comes your way is smoke.

Ummmm, a bologna sandwich with mustard and tomatoes! Nothing tastes quite as good as being on a creek bank with your family having a picnic lunch eating a bologna sandwich. I had one today, and instead of thinking about how good it tasted, it just made me cry! All of a sudden there I was a little girl with my mom, dad, sister and little brother enjoying a summer day. I was overwhelmed for a minute, because things have changed so much. Mom and dad are gone now, there is no home to go back to, other members of our family and neighbors have passed away to. Yes, it was very hard for a little while, then I was so thankful I had those memories. Things change, they have to; everyone gets older and everyone dies; When a person is younger I don’t believe they think about things like this, but as they begin to realize how short this life is, then things you never thought to much about before begin to be important. Yes, life has changed and should change, something would be wrong if it stayed the same. We can never go back, and we shouldn’t want to. I don’t, even though just for a minute, I felt the security and love of my family. We are going forward because we know heaven is our home. Our Heavenly Father is where the real security and unfailing love comes in and we should never forget that!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

this is such a beautiful WFW ... thanks for sharing! :)