DeCluttering!

Just a few of the cabinets that I have been going through! Yuk




1 Peter 5:6,7 (New Living Translation)

6. So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Do you ever feel like you can't stand one more minute of clutter? Its like every drawer and closet is talking to you? Well, I don't know what is going on, but I am a driven woman! (hubby is not excited about this at all). I have got to get this stuff out of my house and garage! I have been doing that spring cleaning thing, but all of a sudden I realize I just have to much stuff! One of my mischievous friends ask if I was going to die or something, (grinning). Well maybe, but either way, no one needs to go through this stuff but me. So I am on a mission to clear the clutter and it is going pretty well. Just about finished with the kitchen when I cut not one finger, but two. So that is why I am now writing my blog, and waiting until my hand quits throbbing. Since I have been bothered by all the clutter in my house, I am also reminded of all the clutter in our minds and hearts. We have to do some cleaning and sweeping out there to. Things can build up like unconfessed sin or having unforgiveness towards someone and then we have to clear it out. Of course the first thing would be to recognize that we have some clutter in our heart, then casting all those cares on Christ. I don't know about you but it bothers me when I am weighted down with all the things that come my way. "Life is hard" is certainly an understatement! To have that peace and joy in my heart, to be unburdened from all the stuff is unlike anything I can ever experience. We must come to the Lord and ask Him for strength and direction! I pray your house and heart is not weighted down with to much clutter, you may have to do like me and start in (with hubby saying, "hey things are not that bad", yeah right!) going through things. Another good reason is what we don't use, someone else may desperately need! So there is one good reason! It is time to continue, have a blessed day and remember to say a little prayer for me as I tackle my clutter.

No comments: