Old MIlk Cans and Friends!








1 John 4:7 (The Message)

God Is Love

7-10. My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God.

This week a couple of my friends and I decided we wanted to paint! Now as you know that is right up my alley! I love to paint! Nothing is safe in my house if it has one scratch on it! LOL I took lessons years ago with a few classes scattered in between, but most of it has been a trial and error type thing. Lots of books and even research on the Internet has helped me do some pretty neat things. Anyway two of us decided to paint old milk cans and the other lady had some smaller things. We started about 10:30 and didn't quit until about 3:00 pm. I noticed when we were really concentrating, no one said anything! We were on a mission! It turned out to be so much fun and our projects turned out pretty well to. Our little paint party reminded me of how we should be with God! In those quiet times, nothing should distract us. The enemy of our souls will do everything to get our mind off the things of God, he knows the power we have in Christ and the power he doesn't have over us. There is always a lesson to be learned isn't there? God said in His Word, He would make everything work together for good to us, and He will. No matter what you are doing or where you are at, God can use the circumstances to teach us about His ways! I hope and pray you have friends and family you love to spend time with, some hobby or interests that will be blessings. Have a wonderful day and do something fun! Enjoy the time God has given to you!

1 comment:

Ozark yankee said...

Oh how true this is for me.