The King!



left to right in back; Me, Karen, Michelle. front left to right; Candy and Kathy
Well, it is back from vacation and we had a wonderful time. Lots of sight seeing and rest was just what we needed. Our first stop was in Memphis touring Graceland. Now I have to tell you my daughters are crazy about Elvis, me on the other hand is not to crazy about him. I know, some would think this is unAmerican! Maybe so, but no denying he was a very talented man. He is the "king" is what we were told there. Well, this is all well and good, but it bothered me to see him worshiped as he is. Even to this day people come from all over the world to see where he lived and died. When we got around to the grave site, there were folks crying for him! It certainly is very sad, I am not saying that at all, and it is such a waste that he didn't live longer. We also visited Hank Williams museum in Montgomery, Alabama and spent the day there. I love history so this was right up my alley. We headed onto Pensacola and enjoyed the rest of our time just having fun and relaxing. We all really enjoyed the trip, but it had to end and get back to the "real world". I want to thank you for praying for our safety, everything was fine. God had His Hand on us! Summer is nearly over with and we are getting into another season. I hope you have made some wonderful memories with family and friends and if not, if things are not going well, then my prayer for you is to keep focused on God and He will lead you through the valley you are walking. He will never leave or forsake any of us if we are trusting in Him. Our King will not die and leave us to fend for ourselves. Have a wonderful week! Please check out Spiritual Sunday, the link is on the sidebar.








5 comments:

Joan Hall said...

Hi Shirley - I'm happy you and your daugters had a good vacation. (I wasn't an Elvis fan either.)

Have a wonderful holiday.

Blessings,
Joan

Anonymous said...

I agree with you... it is sort of a form of idol worship. Is it not?
Yes, Elvis was great. The music world owes so much to him. However,
I can understand why you felt the way you did while at Graceland.
You have a beautiful family! It is so nice you had some quality time together, now that the busy-ness of Fall has returned. God bless!

Charlotte said...

Great picture. I'm glad you had such a good time. I would like to go to Graceland some time. I'll have to admit I loved Elvis, (but I didn't worship him)LOL It's probably because of my age. He was just two years older than me. I went to one of his concerts in Long Beach, CA in 1956. It was fantastic.
You're right. Our King will never die. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I'm with you on Elvis. He's no king of mine. ;) Our King rules!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love the picture, every one matches:) I put you and your girls on our new prayer request for a safe trip. I'm glad your home safe.
Blessings,
Ginger