Promises from God!

Happy Blessed Fall!


Promises from God!

Psalm 91 (The Message)
You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
I trust in you and I'm safe!"
That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you—
under them you're perfectly safe;
his arms fend off all harm.
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
not disaster that erupts at high noon.
Even though others succumb all around,
drop like flies right and left,
no harm will even graze you.
You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
watch the wicked turn into corpses.
Yes, because God's your refuge,
the High God your very own home,
Evil can't get close to you,
harm can't get through the door.
He ordered his angels
to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they'll catch you;
their job is to keep you from falling.
You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
and kick young lions and serpents from the path.

14-16. "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
"I'll get you out of any trouble.
I'll give you the best of care
if you'll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!"


What more can be said? What more needs to be done? Don't you see what God has done for you and me? Why do we worry and let fear control us? Many, many questions and the answers are here in Psalms 91. God has made provision for us, angels ordered to protect us and all we have to do is believe! But if we don't know what the Word says, then we can't believe or trust in God. I can promise you that when I am overwhelmed the only reason I would stay that way is to not go to Gods Word. There is power in His Word! All I have to do is begin to read and ask myself "Are these promises for me?" Of course if we are saved then we have rights to every single one of them. I want to encourage you this week, because you may have "more on your plate than you can say grace over" as my sweet aunt used to say. We are certainly pressed in on from every side, the enemy is not a toothless old lion, but a roaring lion with a mission to destroy us. But (and I love that word, it means hold on there is more to come) we know what happens to our adversary, we know who wins! We can be assured that God will never leave us, never! His love and provision will last forever. I pray you have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Lords Day. (Be sure and check out the ladies at Spiritual Sunday. The link is on the sidebar)
[Image]






11 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love the scriptures that you have here today,they encourage me to read his word more.
God Bless,
Ginger

Renee said...

Oh, you are so right. As soon as we feel overwhelmed we need to reach for His word. The words of Psalm 91 from The Message are so beautiful and comforting.. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! What a great scripture to reflect upon. God promises us so much. We need less of us and more of Him. Happy Spiritual Sunday :)
P.S. I Love your playlist, too.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

He is our strong tower!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Hi Shirley..I agree..trusting in Him...there is safety...trusting in HIm...letting go to Him...is the best for living free. Have a great weekend. Sarah

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

I'm find a theme in this week's Spiritual Sunday entries. It's understanding we are just traveling through this rough terrain of a place called time and we are headed for our destination, Eternal Life, where we will be with our Lord. As humans we tend to lose sight of the big picture and focus on the pebble in our shoe. Thanks for the encouragement and God bless you richly. - Bobbi

Charlotte said...

What a wonderful reassuring scripture, Shirley. Thank you for this reminder. It really is overwhelming to know that God loves us this much.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

Powerful Scripture we need to read and meditate on. Thank you for posting. I love your music!

Saleslady371 said...

I am so encouraged by this version of Psalm 91. I so agree with you when you wrote about the roaring lion - yes! God is protecting us.

Stephani Cochran said...

Thanks for sharing this Psalm. I am dealing with the issues of helping aging parents who are in their eighties and needing lots of attention. My mother lives in a constant state of fear about everything that could go wrong. I think I will read this to her the next time I am with her. Her eyes no longer allow her to read for herself.

Unknown said...

Encouragement, prayer & forgiveness are vital ... beautiful write for a week that we so need all 3 implemented in our lives.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon