Forgiveness





Matthew 6:14 The Message (MSG) 14-15"In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part.


Forgiveness is something most of us had just rather not deal with! We either reason that one day, we will forget what that person did to us, or we just ignore it all together. That is unless, of course, we know what the scriptures tells us. By the way, it really is not an option, and it certainly does not have anything to do with "feelings". Feelings will get us in trouble every time, do you agree?  You know, "I don't feel like I am saved today, because of what I did" so I must not be saved. Or "I feel like God is mad at me and doesn't love me anymore". The list could really go on and on. What is important and the only thing we can go on, is what the Word of God tells us. And we won't know what it says, unless we meditate on it. We do want our prayers answered, but there are stipulations on that to. In the above scripture, forgiveness is laid out pretty plain. God will not forgive us unless we forgive others! So how in the world do we do that? It certainly isn't within ourselves, we may "feel" like it one day and then the next we may "feel" different. Human effort depends on so many factors and none of them are reliable. Only in Christ and because of the Cross are we able to accomplish this command! In Christ, we are more than conquerors! In Him, All things are possible when we believe. It doesn't mean that person was right in what they did to us, I am not saying that at all! But, because God told us to forgive, then it must be up to Him to bring it to pass.We truly have to forgive! Who are we anyway to withhold forgiveness when Christ died to set us free, to forgive all our sins, past, present and future! And then to not remember them anymore. We cannot and should not ever hold this in our hearts, read this scripture again and then tell me if we really have a choice! I certainly never want to be out of God's Will, and I am sure you don't either. It is all about grace and mercy! So I leave you to ponder on "Is it really worth it" and "Who does this hurt the most"?
Blessings and Peace are being sent to you!

No comments: