Are you a Worrier!


MySpace Graphics
Matthew 6: 25-34 (New Living Translation) 25. “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27. Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

28. “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29. yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31. “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33. Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

It sounds like worry is a waste of our precious time we have on this earth! But, every time I read this scripture, I am just amazed that God tells us not to worry, I mean look around there is so much going on in our world, how can we ever get to the point in our christian walk, when we don't worry? Perplexing questions about something that we can not do anything about. Right away we are told that all our worries can't add a single moment to our life,and we can't change anything when we worry. Will we have problems today and plenty more for tomorrow? Yes of course, but lets just take this one day at a time, that is all we have anyway. Now that we understand this, here is what amazed me about these scriptures. You see I use to just read the part about worry, and looked over the promises that are like precious nuggets of gold. 1. We are far more valuable than the birds 2. God cares for us so much more than we realize 3. And above all, if we will first seek the kingdom of God, live a life pleasing to Him, He will give us everything we need. Aren't you just overwhelmed with thankfulness and praise? I have to tell you this is exciting to me! I am not on this earth by myself, God has a plan and a purpose for my life, He loves me with an unfailing love, and He gave the ultimate sacrifice just for me and you. I know it is so hard for us not to worry, but when we began to do so, just claim these promises. Read it again, be encouraged and have faith! God will take care of you and me. He said He would!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Have you thought about: this may be part of your purpose in life! You do a wonderful job with your writing!