Mothers and Children


Psalm 127:3 (New Living Translation) Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.

This scripture is just one of many that tell us how precious children are! Not only a gift to us, but they are a reward from Him. I had not heard this translation before, but I love it! Webster says "reward" means a prize, or a bonus. That means they are very special to Him! As mothers day approaches, I guess it is natural to think of our mothers, and our daughters as being mothers to, so I want to share with you first of all my daughters. I am so thankful for them, they were kind, obedient little girls and they have turned into wonderful, responsible women. Dedicated to raising their children, working and doing all those things, that seems a long way back for me. But this is the way life is, it passes by so fast and then one day, its like we wake up and wonder "what is going on"! Our children, no matter our age or theirs, will always be just that, our children and we never stop being parents! This is the way our Heavenly Father is with us, He wants the best for us and He has made every provision for it to happen. His unfailing love and protections keeps us as long as we live on this earth. So as we reflect on our children, lets remember how God is with His children! Loved and precious!

1 comment:

Candy said...

ahh How sweet!! I love you to Mom!