Gods Protection!


MySpace Graphics

Psalm 91 (New Living Translation)
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection

As I was reading this scripture today, it reminded me of a true story I had heard a few years ago. Evidently this woman's house was broken into and the intruder was coming after her with a gun, when she kneeled down and repeated many, many times "Cover me with your feathers, cover me with your feathers". It freaked the fella out so, he was yelling at her she was a crazy woman and fled the house. Now you have to admit, that would be frightening, but a little comical to. God protected her! She was using the word of God to deliver her from this situation and it worked! Gods power is real! This scripture goes on to say He is our refuge, a place of safety. We can trust Him. Being covered with His feathers and under His wings sounds like a pretty safe place to me. Gods Word tells us He is faithful, we can trust Him and we will find rest! I pray this grips your heart with a revelation of who God really is! If we come to a place where we believe that God will do as He says, then we can say "cover me with your feathers", and He will! Please remember God loves you so much!

No comments: