Judging Others!


MySpace Graphics
Matthew 7: 1,2 (New Living Translation) 1. “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. 2. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."

Have you ever had to go to someone and ask forgiveness? Someone that you judged so harshly? Well,today I had to do just that! Angry words were never spoken, no encounters, just one of those attitudes, "well, I guess you finally got what you deserved". Now I do need to tell you that this has been many years ago, and being a christian was not top of the list for me. I had really forgotten about it, and if anything ever did come up, I just had the same attitude. Then a few months ago, here it is again. The Holy Spirit began to deal with me, and my heart was broken with repentance. I was appalled at myself for this self righteous attitude that I had been carrying around. God forgave us for sooooo much, what right did I have to be this way? None, absolutely none. When I went to God and ask Him to forgive me, His word tells me He not only forgives, but He forgets. And the next best part, I am so thankful this person is still alive and I have the opportunity to go to them.
Why do we judge so harshly? Why does it come so quickly to ask God for forgiveness and so difficult to grant it to others? I guess there are times when we think we are justified in the decisions we make, but it is not up to us. We just need to go to our Heavenly Father and pray for that person. Lift them up in prayer, really seek God, asking and believing His will to be done in their lives. If there is anyone you need to go to, please go while you have the chance. Don't wait until it is to late, it is such a heavy burden to carry around. I will tell you again, I am so thankful I have an opportunity to make things right, and if it doesn't work out the way I would like, then I have done all I can do. Remember when we don't forgive others, we are denying our common ground as sinners in need of God's forgiveness!

No comments: