Discouraged?



Isaiah 41:10 (New Living Translation)

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Webster defines “discourage” as “to deprive of courage, hope, or confidence; dishearten”. I am sure we have all experienced discouragement, I know I have had my share of it many times. It is actually a very dangerous state to be in, because at this point we are ready to quit. Maybe not the whole race, but just to sit this one out. I have to confess, this is where I was at for awhile. It is very hard to see past our circumstances, but when we do and look to God, this is exercising our faith. What is the biggest reason to be discouraged? For me it is when a situation seems hopeless. Our time is not the same as Gods time, ours is limited. We only have so much on this earth. For instance if we are praying for someone to be saved, or for to be healed, and it doesn’t happen. Maybe it has been years, and we just don’t see any change. Or maybe just being aggravated with ourselves, “why do I just keep doing the same thing over and over again”. Or feeling overwhelmed because of our age. Maybe it is our health, or poverty. It could be any number of things, but the point is being discouraged is different than being a little down, or mildly depressed. When we are hopeless and disheartened we are on dangerous ground. I have to take some time out, time to rest from the battle, as they say to regroup! At this time is when a daughter, a sister in the Lord, or my hubby, will call and say “I am praying for you today, I am here to stand in the gap for you, just rest in the Lord.” God made us so He certainly understands us, “He knows our frame”. Are we going to get discouraged on this journey we are on? You better believe it! But please remember God will give us strength, He said He would help us and hold us up in His victorious right hand! We are also told to press on!

No comments: