Do You Really Trust in the Lord?

Psalm 28:6-8 (New Living Translation)
7. The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
8. The Lord gives his people strength.
He is a safe fortress for his anointed king.
What does it mean to really trust the Lord with all your heart? Do you sometimes (like me) have a little reservation about completely trusting Him? I have struggled with this “trust” we are supposed to have for many years, but as I get older all the time, it gets easier to trust Him! You see, I have learned that people will let you down, and as for myself to always do the right thing, well that is not going to happen no matter how hard I try. We just can’t see the whole picture, so there is no way without looking to God that we can be in His will. On this faith journey we do get to the place where we realize He is our shield and strength, and we do have joy. I can honestly tell you that I see God working in every area of my life, and when He tells me, “All things work together to the good, to those that love the Lord”, and a “Good mans steps are ordered by the Lord”, I believe it and I do trust Him.I could tell you of how we were led to this area we live in now, and of His faithfulness during all the economy woes. Every area of our life is being directed by God and will continue to be that way, as long as we look to Him! My hearts desire is to be a faithful servant to my Heavenly Father, to walk in that path He has laid out for me. You see, I truly believe He has a plan for my life, and one day Heaven will be my home. I pray it will be your home to! God Bless You as you look to Him!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful, thank you ~

Amydeanne said...

oh i like the sparkles! and yes!! Trust in the Lord! Amen!

Lisa said...

Yes, yes, yes. I struggle to trust in the Lord all the time. Trust is my life issue, broken early on and continually being healed these days. God is stretching me with many opportunties to practicing trusting in Him alone!