Fathers Day Tribute!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Matthew 19:19 (New Living Translation)

19 Honor your father and mother.

Well, this was easy for me, my earthly father was an amazing man! He was 39 years old when I was born, and I was the first, and a little girl! (Now before you jump to conclusions, let me say, I may have been a little spoiled). I also have a sister two years younger, and a brother that is nine years younger. Our parents did the best they could to instruct and teach us. Did they make mistakes? of course they did! Everyone does, but when children know their parents love them, and the reasons why they are being disciplined, then they are on the way to being responsible adults. We learned many things from him because he was a wise man with lots of common sense. After serving in World War II, he bought a farm in a rural area in Arkansans, built a house,had farm animals and all, when he and my mother married. He always worked hard, saved his money and did the best he could. Taking us to church and teaching us about Jesus was up to our mother. I never really knew how he believed about God, because he was a very private person. You only knew what he wanted you to know about him! I have to tell you one story about him. Every Christmas my sister and I would get a new doll, so he would find a time when mother was outside, then he would show us those dolls. Here is what he would say to us. “now girls, when you open these up, you act really surprised! don’t let on like you have seen them before.” And that is exactly what we did, I wonder now if mother knew what he was doing, probably so! This fathers day, I do pay tribute to my dad, he passed away twelve years ago at the age of 83. He is terribly missed, but he is in heaven and I will get to see him someday. I have to mention my husband also, we have a blended family, but he is and has been a wonderful father to his children and to mine. He not only is a good man, he is a man of God! Preaching the word of God! Bearing the Fruit of the Holy Spirit, being evident in his everyday life. I don’t want to close without tribute and thankfulness to my Heavenly Father! Whether we have a good earthly father or not, we have our Heavenly Father who loves us and cares for us deeply! Now words leave me, how can we ever write or say enough about the One who saved us from eternal destruction. The grace and mercy of God overwhelms me, He has been so good to me. I can look back and see His hand on me, all the way from childhood to now, and to eternity in Heaven with Him! So God, thank you for my husband, earthly father to our children, My earthly father, and for being my Heavenly Father! Have a Wonderful Fathers Day!

2 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

God Bless You!

Enjoyed reading your blog!

Leann

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to our Dad.My dad died over 11 years ago at the age of 85. I never could ask him what my gifts were because he would tell me if he thought I really wanted to know. I would ask him and then say no don't tell me. When I got my last doll for Christmas when I was 11 I was so anxious to play with it (I knew I was getting it) that I talked my Mom into letting me hold it a little while a few days before Christmas. I just couldn't wait.
I'm glad you shared with us on Spiritual Sundays.
Charlotte