The God of Glory!


Ephesians 1:3 (The Message)

The God of Glory

3-6. How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.

Does this sound like a loving father who gave everything because He loved us so? When I read this passage I am grieved in my spirit that I have not always recognized who God really is. Maybe it really takes time to get to know Him, whatever it is I am just now realizing so much about my Heavenly Father. He knows me and you, He knew how we would be, all the sin, all the disobedience, all the heartache we would cause Him. And in spite of it all, He still did the unimaginable thing and sent His Son to take our place. He made a way in spite of all the sin and detestable things that we would do, so we would someday live with Him in Heaven. Yes, that is a love I can't even understand. How could anyone have us on His mind before the foundations of the world, knowing what would happen and still go through with His master plan? I am so humbled by this, it is truly one of those face on the floor moments for me. We should never get to busy that we don't spend time with Jesus in reading His Word and in prayer. We need to remember every day this amazing love that God has for us. This is the Jesus that takes us to the high places of blessings with Him. His focus really is on you and me. Be blessed sweet friends! There is nothing to hard for Him!

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Absolutely, Shirley. He loved us that much and nothing is too hard for him. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Susan B said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely, encouraging post!

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a blessing he is indeed! AMEN!
Ginger